What went wrong in 2020? Practically everything. You can probably name at least 5 major things that went wrong where you’re concerned. But what can we fix for 2021? These 5 things went wrong for me, and they might’ve for you as well.
- My church closed in-person services
- Restaurants closed for in-person dining
- My teaching job went completely virtual
- I gained 5 unwanted pounds
- I spent less time with friends and family
Here are 5 things you can do if things continue as they have been since March 2020:
- Learn something new. Take an online class or study YouTube videos and become a master at something you couldn’t do before. I learned how to build a website! Seriously, I did. I also learned how to film videos of my classes and post them online.
- Save your money (from not eating at the restaurants you used to frequent) and take a trip.
- Volunteer at your church or a food bank. This will put everything into perspective.
- Take up a new hobby. I started hiking. Bought the shoes, jacket, and backpack and hiked by myself or with a buddy to different state parks in the area.
- Use FaceTime or Zoom to get together with family members who’re more comfortable with virtual.