If you have a hardened heart, you’re doomed unless you lay down your pride and give up your right to yourself. A person with a hardened heart cannot receive the Spirit of God and therefore cannot enter heaven. How then, with an already hardened heart can yours become softened? The first sign of hope is that you’re wondering about it. If you choose to read on and are thinking that your heart may be hardened against anything spiritual is a good thing! It has already begun its transformation. God led you here supernaturally. See if any of these characteristics resonate.
- A person with a hardened heart is insensitive to sin.
- A person with a hardened heart will charge his sins to someone else’s account.
- A person with a hardened heart cannot see the upheaval in his life.
- A person with a hardened heart cannot hear the voice of God.
- A person with a hardened heart may attempt to bargain with God.
- A person with a hardened heart will remain unchanged even during painful periods of loss or sickness.
- A person with a hardened heart has no desire for the word of God.
- A person with a hardened heart is often angry, stubborn, resentful, jealous, and unforgiving.
God will do nothing with a hardened heart. Until the Holy Spirit draws a person, his heart will remain in a hardened state. How and if God chooses to initiate the softening process remains to be seen. Before the point of no return, lay down your pride, cleanse your heart, surrender your will, and plead for God to have mercy.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
Blessed is the one who fears the Lord always, but whoever hardens his heart will fall into calamity. Proverbs 28:14
Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:10