I read this excerpt today from the book I told you about, A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent, and it brought me to tears. It’s SO TRUE. As you pray this aloud and have a sweet moment with the Lord:
- My God, You are immense beyond imagination. You measured the entire universe with merely the span of Your hand. (Isaiah 40:12)
- You are unimaginably awesome in all of Your perfections, absolutely righteous, holy, and just in all of Your ways. (Deuteronomy 32)
- You have also been unbelievably good and merciful to me as the Creator and Sustainer of my life.
- Every breath, every heartbeat, every function of every organ in my body is a gift from You.
- Every legitimate pleasure I experience is a gift from Your loving hand to me. (I Timothy 6:17 and Acts 14:17)
- All that I am and all that I have I owe to You and to Your goodness. (James 1:17)
- My life in every way is, and will continue to be, utterly dependent upon You in whom I live and move and have my being. (Acts 17:28)